The USS Lincoln

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 | |

Yes, this was a while back, but I am just now getting around to posting it. A few weeks ago L.A. had Navy week. The Navy brought in a fleet of ships and docked them down in the L.A. Harbor. The biggest and most popular being the Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier, USS Lincoln. I really wanted to go down and take a tour of the Carrier, but people were up to 4 hours to get on the ship. So instead I waited til late Sunday afternoon, after the tours were done and rode my Harley down to the harbor to check it out from across the channel. Now trust me when I tell you this ship is big, and when I mean big, I mean BIG. It made the usual cargo ships that frequent that harbor look like private yachts. If one ever happens to float on in again, I will try to see it up close.






0 comments: