San Fran Trip

Friday, December 24, 2010 | |

It has been a long time since I was last in San Francisco. In fact so long ago, I can barely remember anything about it. I think I was somewhere around 8-10 years old when I was there last. I have always wanted to go back as I hear San Francisco is a town you must experience to enjoy. Well, it just so happened that a friend of mine who helps coach the Seattle Seahawks was going to be in San Francisco playing the 49ers. Me being a huge 49er fan, I jumped at the chance to see my friend who I haven't seen in a while, see my 49ers in action for the first time and to see the city of San Francisco. I must say, it is like nothing here in the Southern California, and probably like nothing anywhere else in the U.S.


Of course being there in the month of December, San Fran was overcast everyday. The last day there, it cleared up just enough for use to get a glimpse of the Golden Gate Bridge. With the conditions present, this is the best shot I got out of it.


Of course I had to get the obligatory Alcatraz shot in their.



Looking back to the northern point of San Fran at Ghirardelli Square (My favorite part of the trip. I love chocolate!). Fisherman's Wharf is off to the left and you can see Downtown in the distance most recognized by the tall pyramid shaped Trans-America Building.


The fog in San Francisco is nothing I have ever seen before. It would move in an out so fast, almost as if it were alive. I swear everyday we were there, around 4 o'clock it would thicken but the sun would come through the clouds and glow through the fog. It was an almost unreal scene that made for some epic shots.





San Francisco truly is a historical city. They're are major landmarks every you were you turn in the city. The Old Ferry Building is a great example of architectural restoration. Not to mention some really cool shops inside now.


The "F" train, which we rode quite often since we used public transportation all 3 days we were there. Another great example of historical restoration. All the trolleys used on the F line were restored cars used else where in the world. We even got in one that was purchased used from Italy and restored. It still had all the signs inside in Italian.


Old restored fishing boats next to Fisherman's Wharf


Even all the houses in the City of San Francisco are pieces of history. You can see old Victorian homes on almost every street in the city. This row of houses is know as the Painted Ladies is a famous example of classic Victorian architecture in the city. Its also know for the awesome view of the SF skyline beyond it and for...of course... Full House
!

Of course the reason for the trip! to watch MY FortyNiners! I was pretty happy with my zoom lens. This picture was taken from pretty close to the top.




Yeah, this play resulted in TD number 3...40 points by my team this game...It was a great game..sorry Dave. I still hope you win the division.

Zoomed all the way in to the press box across the stadium and saw Brian Billick!


And a final picture of the gang in front of the Painted Ladies

0 comments: